fredag 21 februari 2014

Arriving to Vava’u

2014-02-19 Wednesday
I went on the early morning flight to Vava’u. Vava’u is green and hilly and I was shown around town all day by Aisake Lalahi, who works for Jack. 
I met his wife Jennie, his father in law Joseph, ate Vi fruit. The Vi fruit has many names around the equator, most commonly known as ambarella or golden apple. I ate it unripen by mistake, then it looks like a little green unripened mango and tasted kinda like that. Ripened it is supposed to taste like pineapple and mango. Yum!

File:Spondias dulcis3.jpg
Unripen Vi



Aisake helped me to buy a bike and he found me this great accommodation called Villa Port of Refuge. This big garden with shattered houses is located up on the hill, just in town, with a beautiful view and a nice ocean breeze. I have this lovely house all for myself! Included are dog, pig and rooster.


The only house occupied is the one beside me, where a super friendly American couple with mother in law visiting reisdes. They invited me to go along for some texmex and after they showed me the best places to buy food, water etc.     

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar