fredag 21 februari 2014

Meeting Dr Rey and mapping the surroundings in Neiafu


2014- 02-20 Thursday

The day of the bike. I met my Tongan supervisor Dr Rey Ofanoa for the first time and then I biked around to introduce me to the secondary schools, I managed to visit 3 out of 7 schools before the day was over. Im lucky they are all in the town Neiafu. I wore the traditional wrap-around skirt men are supposed to wear in schools, great in the heat but I had major problems keeping the skirt together while biking! Dozens of kids along the way greeted me with Bye and Hi, I replied with Sai Pe  or Fefe Hake (how are you).

File:Neiafu.jpg
I live in the right upper corner up on the hill. 
On one of the schools I met an American Peace Corps volunteer, Sarah, who told me about yoga in the Catholic church every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. With a slight headache after the biking and the heat I pulled through the yoga and then went with Katie, Mandy and Sarah, all volunteers, to get a pizza. 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar